This free application for MS Exchange 2000 allows you notify users when new item appears in the Exchange public folder. Notification message looks like NET SEND produced message. The application is an Exchange store synchronous event sink.
On your Exchange 2000 Server computer:
- Create (or select) a mail-enabled user account that is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users and the Exchange Domain Servers security groups. Also make this account an Exchange Full Administrator, using the Exchange Administration Delegation Wizard in the Exchange System Manager console.
- Log on as that user.
- Create C:\Program Files\PubNotify\ directory.
- Copy this archive file to C:\Program Files\PubNotify\ directory and extract all files. Make sure the files install.exe, uninstall.exe and PubNotify.dll are exist there.
- Start install.exe, then press the INSTALL button on the the PubNotify installation form.
- Make sure OK signs appear in the "COM+ object installation...", "PubNotify public folder creating...", "Event sink registration creating..." rows.
- Now press the EXIT button.
Tested with Exchange 2000 SP1/SP2/SP3 under MS Windows 2000 Advanced server.
This program is no longer available for download from our website. Please contact the author of PubNotify at email@example.com for any additional information.
Date: December 4, 2002
OS: Win 2000